Cool! Someone just gave me The Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you, Alexia, this is quite the surprise. The terms of this award is that I have to say seven things about myself. The hard question is, what should I say that won't bore you like drying paint on a rainy day? Let's see what I got here . . .
7) I always wanted to be a Ghostbuster when I grew up, but when I found out there were no such things as proton throwers or giant marshmallow men, I picked up human behavior and writing instead. Close enough.
6) I've been writing even before I could write, my mother taking note of a poem I made up about the moon when I was five. I can't remember it, but I'm sure my mom has it somewhere.
5) I've often had fainting spells as a teenager. Scary, I know, but the experiences sure have come in handy when writing about characters passing or blacking out. Makes the situation sound more realistic and tense.
4) Favorite breakfast food? Breakfast burritos, if I can get away with them. So portable. So yummy.
3) When I'm not writing, I'm either helping the Mrs., eating, sleeping, watching something, playing CS, or reading to my boy. We're in the middle of Redwall now.
2) If it hadn't been for Orson Scot Card's books, Legos, and an old internet-less computer that my dad didn't want anymore, who is to say that I would've ever started writing seriously. It's hard to imagine.
1) I have a fear of clowns. No joke. A clown cursed me out as a kid. While I don't run away from clowns, I can't help but feel a bit nervous when one draws near. And they always seem to know! How do they know?
Paranoia aside, I thank you, Alexia, for bestowing this honor. While I see many bloggers who already have this award, I'd like to pass it along to Hanny, who has a great observing eye and a knack for picking unique topics to write about. Copy that picture above and post it on your blog, Hanny. In my eyes, you deserve it.
Updates: you know that sickness I mentioned? Yeah. It got worse. It put me out for almost the whole week, which means my word count upped only a couple hundred. It's a quality couple hundred, though. With luck, I'll hammer down Chapter 15 soon. I wanted to have 16 done by Christmas. I'll be lucky to get that far.
See you all on Thursday for Aspiring Advice!
I'm David, and metals are shiny.